Here is a round up of this week’s mortgage rates for medical and dental professionals, to help you save money on your monthly mortgage payments.
This article does not constitute advice. Professional advice should be taken prior to acting on any part of it. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage or any other debt secured on it.
Latest mortgages for doctors and dentists
The best way to maximise your mortgage position is to regularly keep track of mortgage rates. These are the latest mortgage rates we have sourced:
|PRODUCT||TERM||DEPOSIT||TYPE||RATE OF INTEREST October 21||RATE OF INTEREST NOW||IDEAL FOR:|
|Large loans £1M+||5 Year||FIXED||0.91%||2.95%||£1m+ Loans|
|Purchase / Remortgage||2 Year||40%||FIXED||0.79%||2.74%||Benefiting from a low fixed rate|
|Purchase / Remortgage||3 Year||40%||FIXED||0.89%||3.04%||Benefiting from a low fixed rate|
|Purchase / Remortgage||5 Year||40%||FIXED||0.91%||2.95%||Benefiting from a low fixed rate|
|Purchase / Remortgage||10 Year||40%||FIXED||1.95%||3.34%||Benefiting from a low fixed rate|
|Purchase / Remortgage||2 Year||40%||TRACKER||0.82%||+1.75%||Flexibility|
|Offset||2 Year||40%||FIXED||1.19%||3.65%||An alternative option|
|Purchase||2 Year||10%||FIXED||1.79%||3.21%||First-time buyers|
|First Time Purchase||5 Year||5%||FIXED||2.69%||3.49%||First-time buyers|
|Purchase / Remortgage||2 Year||15%||FIXED||1.56%||3.11%||Cost saving with a lower deposit|
Rates are sourced from Trigold on 9 July 2022.
Take action in 2022
- Use our Mortgage Finder to research your options. Our online tool gives you access to the latest rates from thousands of lenders. Use the filters to refine your search.
- A Mortgage Review, by a professional independent mortgage broker, will outline the most suitable overall deal for you in these unusual circumstances. Call our brokers today.
- Stay connected with us via our blog, social media and email newsletters for the latest rates and news on the rapidly-changing mortgage market.
- Use our Mortgage Affordability Calculator to calculate how much mortgage you could afford to repay each month.
As independent brokers, we have access to all mortgage products from all lenders. Our experience in the dental and medical sectors too, means we have built relationships with specialist lenders over the 30 years we have been in business, enabling us to provide a bespoke and personalised service to you.
Mortgages for doctors and dentists
Whether you are looking to remortgage and save money on your current monthly mortgage payment, invest in a buy-to-let property or require finance for your first home, Dental & Medical Financial Services have access to the lowest rates on the market.
As independent mortgage brokers, we can help you decide which mortgage is most suitable for your situation.
It is also important to carefully consider the term of your mortgage to take into account your retirement plans too.
We will help you choose from:
- A wide range of fixed rate mortgages
- Tracker mortgages
- Offset mortgages, which may suit you if you have savings
- Low deposit options for junior doctors and newly qualified dentists buying their first home
- Buy-to-let mortgages
7 things to consider when looking for a mortgage
- Low rates are important and tend to be what most homeowners base their decisions on.
- As well as finding low rates though, it is vital to find mortgage deals that offer low fees, so that the overall cost of your mortgage is as low as possible.
- Find a lender that has reasonable early repayment fees, so if life takes a different turn you will not be left footing a hefty bill.
- If you are remortgaging, check any early repayment charges on your existing deal too. Sometimes it can benefit you financially to pay these fees to be able to switch to a better rate.
- How is your credit score? This could have an impact on the amount you can borrow and the rate.
- Working with an independent mortgage broker means you have access to all products available on the market.
- Working with specialist mortgage brokers to the dental and medical sector, means we have built relationships with specialist lenders that understand the income of doctors and dentists.